Special ceremony held for 100th day of persistence in defence of Ashraf’s rights
December 06th and on the occasion of the 100th day of sit-in by the Iranian Resistance supporters and families of Ashraf residents in Geneva, a special ceremony was held outside of the UN headquarters in Geneva. An exhibition of pictures of 100 days of the rally was held in the ceremony. The representatives and diplomats from different countries as well as Swiss citizens visited the exhibition and while expressing solidarity with the sit-in goals, admired the persistence of the participants during last 100 days. In this ceremony, Dr. Redha al-Redha, chairman of the Institute of Iraqi Shiite Jafariah, and Bayram Ubaid from the' Organization of Relief to Slaves' participated and the solidarity message of Mgr. Jacques Gaillot, the progressive and humanitarian French priest was read out. In the ceremony, the prominent artists of the Resistance, Mr. Mohammad Shams, Mrs. Marjan, and Mr. Jourak took part and extended their appreciation and salutes to the artists in Ashraf and all Ashraf residents.
A man hanged in Isfahan
A man was hanged by the mullahs’ judiciary without being named in the central city of Isfahan, the state-run daily Hamshahri reported on Wednesday. On November 21, the Third Committee of the UN General Assembly passed a resolution expressing deep concern over human rights violations by the ruling clerics in Iran.
The EU court has for the first time annulled a currently-valid terrorist register
EU verdict on Iran group creates legal quandary The EUobserver.com reported that the EU’s Court of First Instance has annulled the member states’ latest decision to keep Iran opposition group, the PMOI, on their terrorist register, creating a legal quandary. The court verdict on Thursday (4 December) overturned the EU’s July 'common position' to label the PMOI as a terrorist organisation and to freeze its financial resources and fund-raising activity across the EU. Member states in July had said that new information arising from a counter-terrorism probe by the Tribunal de Grande Instance in Paris justified leaving it on the blacklist, but kept the new information a secret. 'The refusal by the council [the member states’ secretariat] and the French authorities to communicate, even to the court alone, the information ...has the consequence that the court is unable to review the lawfulness of the contested decision, which infringes the PMOI’s fundamental right to an effective judicial review,' the EU court said. The verdict is the first time the court has ruled on the EU terror register while it is actually in force. Member states issue a new blacklist every six months or so, with two previous pro-PMOI. EU court rulings in 2006 and 2008 referring to lists which had already expired in legal terms. 'The hearing in this case took place on 3 December and only one day later, the court has delivered its judgement. This one-day period is the quickest that the court has ever delivered its judgement following the hearing,' the court statement added. The council’s legal service is currently analysing if the timing means that the PMOI is off the register effective immediately, or if a follow-up EU common position amending the register is needed to enact the verdict. 'That’s the key question. There’s some legal doubt and we are examining it,' an EU official said. 'There are many other groups on the list which have never complained. This is just one case and it doesn’t mean the council is not doing its work properly,' he added. 'What all this shows is that EU mechanisms are working well - people are duly protected and they can appeal against any decision. ''With this ruling, the PMOI is no longer on the list and cannot be kept on the list in future. It is now up to the council of ministers to state this publicly and to apologise to the PMOI and the people of Iran,' Shahin Gobadi, a spokesman for the PMOI’s sister group, the NRCI, said. 'The EU should compensate the Iranian resistance and the Iranian people for the damage it has caused.'