Sunday, May 22, 2011

NEWS))))))

Eight female political prisoners transferred to Evin

National Council of Resistance of Iran said in a statement on Sat. May 21 that the Iranian regime has transferred 8 female political prisoners, some of whom are relatives of residents at Camp Ashraf, to Evin Prison from Varamin’s Qarchak Prison. The names of these prisoners are Shabnam Madadzadeh, Maryam Haji Loui, Maryam Akbari Monfared, Masoumeh Yavari, Kobra Banazadeh Amirkhizi, Tahareh Bahrami, Mahvash Sabet, and Fariba Kamal Abadi. Previously they were all transferred to Qarchak from Karaj’s Gohardasht Prison. They have now been taken to the notorious Evin Prison in Tehran. Qarchak, which used to be a large chicken house, lacks the most basic resources such as air conditioning and hygienic facilities. More than 300 prisoners were held in cells that usually could contain only 100. Some political prisoner families who had visited the prison referred to it as the “second Kahrizak,” in reference to the regime’s death camp in Kahrizak where a number of protesters were killed under torture.

The parents of hanged political prisoners fight back

Bijan Fathi, the father of Abdollah and Mohammad, who were hanged by the regime at Esfahan Prison on Tuesday, said, “The republic of crime and ignorance, which sees the continuing of its despicable survival contingent on the persistence and domination of an atmosphere of terror and fear, hanged Abdollah Fathi, 27, and Mohammad Fathi, 28, on Tuesday, March 17, 2011, on charges of Moharebeh [enmity against God], at Esfahan Prison.” He added, “This crime will never help the ‘Islamic Republic’ and its Supreme Leader escape from their disgraceful and certain fate.”
The grieving parent added, “I have a broken heart and blood-soaked eyes. I condemn the hanging of my sons, and hereby indict on those who ordered and carried out these crimes in the court of the Iranian people and international organizations.” The mother of Fathi brothers, two political prisoners who were accused by the ruling dictatorship of “Moharebeh” or “war against God” and were executed yesterday, said in a message: When during the last visit I was facing my two sons, I told them to keeps their heads high and die with open eyes and look into the eyes of the henchman who is placing the noose around your neck, according to Iran-Khabar. Mrs. Mahvash Alasvandi added Fathi brothers also said: If my sons died once, the murderers, torturers, and those in charge of this case will die a hundred times everyday; they will not ever be at peace again, especially, Rahimi, Bahrami, Colonel Hoseinzadeh, and Isfahan’s prosecutor Habibollahi, Iran-Khabar said on May 17.
She addressed the regime’s henchmen who prevented a last farewell of a mother and her sons and said: “My sons asked for their handcuffs to be removed momentarily to give me a final hug. The authorities said: No! Where in the world the last wish of a condemned person is not respected? My son said he wanted to hug his mother, and to remove his handcuff. The authorities didn’t do it and said: ‘No! That’s the law.’ I told my sons, wow! Look and see what a law-obeying government we have! I told my sons I will embrace you instead and I will hug you as I have done so since your childhood.” In her message, the mourning mother said: “After they murdered my sons and the ambulance that was carrying their bodies was about to leave, fully armed guards were terrified by the unarmed youths and people who had gathered there and were only weeping and crying. Fear was obviously seen in their eyes. I ask you to light candles in memory of my sons, and let’s hope for a world where there will be no prison. Let’s hope that there will be no executions anywhere in the world