Sunday, November 27, 2016


Iranian regime's judiciary, the special branch of 'Special Court of Clergy (SCC)' on Sunday, November 27, sentenced Ahmad Montazeri, the late Ayatollah Montazeri's son to Prison and defrocked him, according to Montazeri's website.
Ahmad Montazeri, was sentenced to 21 years of prison and was also defrocked for posting his father's audio tape criticizing the 1988 massacre of political prisoners in Iran.
He has been charged with 'acting against the National Security', 'posting classified documents' and 'Propaganda against the System.'
According to Montazeri's website, he has to actually spend 6 years of this sentence in prison.
Ahmad Montazeri has also been defrocked, but since according to the mullahs' rules, he is the son of a martyr, the sentence would be suspended for 3 years.
The sentence can be appealed in the Special Court of Clergy.
Exposing the audio tape with the voice of Ayatollah Montazeri harshly criticizing a number of officials which were known as 'the death squad' stirred a huge storm inside and outside Iran among the international community and human rights defenders.
It also created a large scuffle inside the government's apparatus and has been continued to date. It's been said that issuing this sentence would stir a major controversy among the rulers of Iran.

Atena Daemi a civil activist and defender of rights of children was arrested in a violent raid on her residence on Saturday, November 26, and transferred to Evin Prison to start serving her 7-year sentence.
According to an informed source, the security forces did not show any written warrants for attacking Atena's house. They threatened her and said, "You are finished and will never return home."
A Tehran court sentenced Atena Daemi to seven years imprisonment on September 28, 2016, on the alleged charge of anti-government propaganda.

Amnesty International issued an urgent action on November 24, warning about spurious charges against human rights defender Mansoureh Behkish and the danger of her being arrested. AI statement reads: Iranian human rights defender Mansoureh Behkish is facing trumped-up national security charges for peacefully defending the right to truth and justice concerning the mass killings of political prisoners, including her siblings and brother-in-law, during the 1980s in Iran. If imprisoned, she would be a prisoner of conscience.

The executive director of Esteghlal Football(soccer) Club announced that its women's team has been dissolved. Reza Eftekhari said the reason was the club's financial problems. Massoumeh Gholami, the team's supervisor, said the decision was final. "Unfortunately, dissolution of teams has always been a problem for women's teams. Women are always the last priority; problems join together and their team is dissolved." Another women's football team, Malavan, was dissolved in July.

The Iranian regime has demanded £650 million (pound) to release Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, the British-Iranian national who was arrested at Tehran's airport in March while on her way back to Britain. She was transferred to Kerman Prison and sentenced to five years imprisonment for participating in the "soft overthrow" of the regime and collaboration with "hostile institutions."
Richard Ratcliffe said that he believes his wife Nazanin, is being used as a "bargaining chip" for an outstanding arms debt from almost 40 years ago that Britain is refusing to pay. Mrs. Zaghari was on hunger strike for five days and is presently in dire conditions.

Resistant political prisoner Sedigheh Moradi was released from the Women's Ward of the Evin Prison on November 23, and warmly welcomed by family and friends. Moradi, 57, has an 18-year-old daughter. She was arrested at her residence on April 30, 2011. She was sentenced to 10 years in prison for "waging war on God by supporting the People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran." She was in prison without a single day leave.
Sedigheh Moradi suffers from various illnesses including digestive complications, arthritis, sciatica, and acute osteodynia (bone pain) all of which are symptoms of her imprisonment in the 1980s. Her condition deteriorated in prison but prison authorities did not allow her to have a medical leave.
Ms. Moradi had been arrested and imprisoned twice before in 1981 and 1985.
After years of constant efforts by her husband and family, their appeal was accepted by the Supreme Court and her case was reviewed by the 53rd Branch of the Review Court. The branch commuted her sentence to five years and she was released after 5 years and 7 months.
Sedigheh is one of the witnesses to the 1988 massacre of political prisoners in Iran. She sent out a letter early in November and called for international prosecution of the perpetrators of this massacre.

Slapping an older female street vendoer in the northern Iranian city of Fouman caused a wave of outrage among the public across the country. On Thursday, November 17, a street vendor was attacked by a municipality agent. After removing her stuff, the agent engaged in a verbal confrontation with the defiant woman and beat her in the head. The woman's son uploaded a clip on the internet demanding public support for his mother, saying, "She did not deserve to be slapped!" The video clip went viral and outraged the Iranian public. They shared a design similar to traffic signs, which shows a policeman hitting a citizen, and wrote, "Municipality agents at work! Do not disturb!"

On Sat. Nov. 26 during a conference for: Call for Justice; End Impunity for Perpetrators of Crimes
Against Humanity in Iran and Syria, Shabnam Madad Zadeh former political prisoner who has
recently left Iran spoke. She was imprisoned for 5 years. Two of Her siblings(Akbar and Mahdieh) were killed in Camp Ashraf by the Iraqi forces in 2011. Her other brother Farzad spent 5 years of his life in prison before joining the resistance a few months ago. The key note speaker was Mrs Maryam Rajavi the president-elect of the National Council of resistnce of Iran. She said: “Our demand is that the international community merely stops its policy of giving concessions to the Velayat-e Faqih regime. Our demand is to end this silence and inaction over the crimes of the Iranian regime in Iran and the region. What we want instead is their respect for the Iranian people's quest for freedom.”

Sahar Faizi, a Kurdish student, has been summoned by the court of Saqqez, Iranian Kurdistan. She has received a written instruction to report to the court on December 19, for her verdict to be issued.
This young woman was arrested by intelligence agents on July 13, 2016, for participating in the general strike in Kurdistan. Sahar Faizi, 24, is accused of having contact with a Kurdish opposition party.