Saturday, February 08, 2014



Sochi 2014

 
I didn't watch the opening ceremonies of the 2014 Sochi Olympic because I'm boycotting watching the event protesting (in my own way) Vladimir Putin's absurd stand against Homosexuals in Russia. But one of my friends told me about this. The women who were leading the athletes to their sits were all wearing the same uniforms. But this wasn't the case for the female guide of the Iranian athletes. She was wearing white pants under her dress. This was of course for viewers inside Iran at the request of the Iranian regime no doubt. In Iran women can not appear in public uncovered, in photos, films, etc. I guess the only upside is for the TV crews in Iran because no photo shop is required. The pic in left is of the Iranian athletes and their guide. Narges Ghaffari