Monday, August 26, 2013


According to the Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran, Aug. 23rd, it has been 12 days since water, electricity and food have been cut-off from the Iranian camp Ashraf in Iraq. The Iraqi government is eager to force the remaining 100 residents in Ashraf who are there to protect their assets and properties, to leave the camp. More than 3000 residents were moved to camp Liberty from Ashraf in order to be transferred to third countries but after 2 years they're still at camp Liberty which has been attacked by missiles twice with heavy casualties. 
Yesterday Aug. 24th in Ottawa in front of the US embassy, a group of Iranian-Canadians from the community and the families of Ashraf residents gathered to voice their protest. The National council of Resistance in its statement has called Iraqi's act as crime against humanity. It's important to note that the residents of Ashraf and Liberty are protected persons under the 4th Geneva conventions. In 2003 the residents signed an agreement with Coalition forces to hand over their weapons in exchange for security. When their security was transferred to the Iraqi Army, Iraqis raided Camp Ashraf in 2009 and again in 2011 under US watch full eyes killing tens of unarmed residents.

According to state news agency Isna, Aug. 11th, Javad Zarif, the Iranian regime's foreign Minister in Hassan Rohani’s cabinet has defended Bashar Assad and blamed the Syrian Free Army for chemical attack on the Syrian people. Zarif said: “If use of chemical weapons is indeed true, undoubtedly it has been used by terrorist and Takfiri groups since their interests lie in escalating and internationalizing the Syrian crisis.”
Meanwhile, IRGC Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi, Khamenei’s military advisor and former Commander of Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, acknowledged that to “keep peace and security and return stability to Syria”, over 50,000 paramilitary forces have been amassed and organized in Syria in support of Bashar al-Assad. These are the forces that have been organized under supervision of Ghassem Solaymani and the Qods Force.
A day prior to the chemical attack, Mullah Reza Taghavi, head of the policymaking council of Friday prayer orators, had stated: “Today, it is [Khamenei] who leads southern Lebanon, has made proud Gaza with his leadership, and has made Syria resistant in confronting Takfiris… people of Egypt have no Vali-e faqih and leader and hence these massacres are happening in their country.”
On the other hand President-elect of the Iranian Resistance Mrs. Maryam Rajavi condemned the chemical attack on innocent Syrian people and called for urgent action by the international community.

Iran: Man hanged in Ahvaz city prison, dozens executed in a week
The Iranian regime hanged a man on Saturday in Ahvaz city prison of the Khuzestan province, the head of mullahs’ judiciary announced.
The victim was identified as Saeed Geshtil who has been arrested on drug related charges, the state-run Mehr News Agency reported.
Since the June election in
Iran over 130 have been executed, including minors and women. Many executions have been carried out in public. During the past seven days at least 34 prisoners have been hanged.
The Iranian regime on Tuesday, August 20th, executed an 18-year old youth after he had already endured six years in Diesel Abad Prison in the city of Kermanshah, western Iran. Identified as Arman Mohammadi, he was first arrested and jailed at the age 12 charged with premeditated murder. This is while according to the regime’s own laws, the legal age for boys is stated as 15.

Iran: political prisoner Hossein Ronaghi on hunger strike
According to Iranian National TV Aug. 24, political prisoner Hossein Ronaghi surpassed his 16th day of hunger strike, protesting tortures and unbearable prison conditions.
Zoleikha Mousavi, his mother, has also been on hunger strike for five days. She says despite her special illnesses and blood pressure problems she will continue her hunger strike to be the voice of her imprisoned child.